Friday, March 14, 2008

Is It Spring Yet?

We still have lots of snow on the ground. Hard to believe it's mid March. Ron's been busy making lots more wooden bowls and things for his etsy shop. I really like this pear bowl. He always seems to be working on something new.

While he's been hard as work I've been off playing. Went to the annual Herb conference at MSU. It's really nice to visit old friends and meet lots of other herb enthusiasts. Now that I'm back home I'm busy getting ready for spring. Starting lots of seeds and cuttings for the new growing season. I'm planning on growing even more heirloom tomato varieties this year. As well as more peppers and vegetables. I'm also adding a few more perennials. The list of herbs I'm starting continues to grow. Hope I have room for all this!

Our new greenhouse is working out pretty well. We're still having to heat it on really cold nights. But with more sunny days it's heating up fast and I'm seeing lots of new growth on the plants that were dormant for the winter. Some of the seeds I've started are already up. It's always heartening to see that flush of new bright green growth. I'm starting to feel like spring is really going to come, in spite of the snow still on the ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bowl. Great blog