Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our Feathered Friends

Every morning as I sit at the computer checking my spam, ah...email, this guy greets me. Ron calls him a Flicker, but I think he's a small, Downy Woodpecker. He always seems so cheerful! He's been visiting us since last year. This week he was joined by a small flock of wrens and other birds. But, doesn't seem to mind sharing. With all the cold and snow their food must be getting scarce. The deer have become quite active this week as well. They've started in on all the evergreen shrubs around the house. Wait until it's dark and the dog is safely inside for the night!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm a bird lover too! Enjoyed your blog and photos! Nice to read a blog from a fellow nature lover!
Shelley
www.logcabininmichigan.blogspot.com

ThymeSense ~ A Sense of Thyme said...

Thanks Shelly, I love your blog! My family has a small, log faced cabin in Presque Isle county on Lake Huron on land my grandfather purchased back in the 1920s. My husband and I now live only a mile from the lake, but closer to the rest of our family. We love it! We have daily visits from all the local wildlife.