Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sewing For the Holidays

It's snowy and cold outside here, good time to stay inside and make things. I needed a present to exchange and found some nice upholstery fabric on sale. I only bought a yard, but got 4 bags out of it. 3 book size bags and one a little larger. They're lined with a nice, heavy duck cloth and should be really durable. For this one I made a hammered copper piece with jasper and quartz and hung it on a loop to keep the bag closed.

I'm thinking about a design for a clasp to close the largest bag out of copper. Something that hinges on a piece of copper and folds over the front. Not sure if I can make it work yet. Will have to just make it and see.


This is the first time I've had the sewing machine out in a very long time. I want to make some doll clothes for one of my granddaughters. Will have to go though my old stash of fabric and get busy. I'm enjoying sewing again. May make some more bags too. If I can find some more interesting material to use.

I'm also doing some knitting for the holidays, and making jewelry again. So many projects. Hope I can get it all done in time. Better get busy....

No comments: